Sunday, January 3, 2010

PayPal - How to Talk to a Real Person

Okay. I'm not the most organized person on the planet. Sometimes that means I lose important things like my PayPal Debit Card...*twice*...yeah. Good thing they give you a way to call them:

PayPal Customer Service
1-888-221-1161
(edit: I originally called this a "US phone number" but apparently it goes to a call center - possibly in the Philippines, according to one reader. No matter. I'm pretty sure the following still works :)
4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

The thing is, when you call, you get stuck in a loop of voice activated menu options that all suggest you go online to solve your problem. Hm. If I could have done that I would have, doncha think? Hrumph.

After a couple of times around the loop, I finally realized that I was still online and could do a search for "How to talk to a real person at PayPal" -- and instantly found the magic word:

AGENT

Yep. You say the word and eventually the menu-bot is forced to let you speak to a real-live person...who will then put you on hold to talk to ANOTHER real-live person...who will also put you on hold to talk to yet aNOTHer real-live person while you type out a post about PayPal customer service to your new blog!

Ah...the wonders of the inter-webs! :D

3 comments:

  1. best way to deal with paypal is to persevere!
    I wish I lived in the US and had this phone number when I was trying to settle a dispute.
    They're SO hard to get contact with...hmmm convenient! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call paypal customers service today 888-221-1161, the customer service is not usa is Philippines what happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm. I guess it's entirely possible that the number goes to any number of PayPal customer service call centers around the globe. The main hope is that whoever you talk to can help you out :) Thanks for the information and I've updated my post to reflect this new information.

      Delete

What do you think? I really want to know! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...