Thursday, January 21, 2010

NOM of the week...

Oops! NOM of the week usually happens on Wednesday, but I lost track of my week this week! But, I remembered now...and here it is:


The delightful Palace Kitchen in downtown Seattle, WA

Not the usual nommy photo of nommy goodness, I know. Please let me explain...

I went to Palace Kitchen with group of good friends last week. It's not a big place, so we had to have a reservation for our party of 6. The table we were given was right by the door and according those of my friends who were facing the bar area - there was apparently a fantastic view that way too (hottie alert!).

I ordered a gin & tonic - which, I was told, was made with their house-made tonic. It was really good - very dry...which was really yummy.

We started with their goat cheese fondue. It was out of this world! The goat cheese was supposedly flavored with lavender, but I couldn't taste it. I could have eaten that whole thing by myself easily.

We also had their dungeness crab dip. It was really good too! I liked the cheese better, but that's mostly because I love cheese.

For my main course, I ordered the rotisserie chicken. A full breast and leg of chicken atop a MOUND of some amazing mashed potatoes with a little side of nicely done Brussels sprouts. Yes. Brussels sprouts. I know. You either love 'em or hate 'em - I decided, what the heck...I'm an adult now. I should really give them another chance. And you know what? They were GOOD! Tasted like tiny cabbages...and I like cabbage, so there ya go.

So my absolute favorite part of the dish: Surrounding the chicken was a little moat of the most amazingly tasty sauce I've had in a long time. Not sure what was in it, but it was so good I wanted to lick my plate when I was done. Seriously. It was THAT good. So good I can still taste it. I want more. Right now.

Needless to say, the whole dining experience was so good that I completely forgot to take a photo of my meal before diving in head first to devour every last bit of it.

Sorry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I really want to know! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...